Happy Easter!!

I looked at the mad mob of people yelling, “Crucify Him! Crucify Him!”

I gazed at the man’s brightness. He was shining in white clothes, and His blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

He looked perfectly innocent to me, but I didn’t want to get strangled by the mad mob of people, so I just looked around, and pretended that this whole thing was just a mirage.

Well, I guess that was the wrong thing to do because guess what they did?

The whipped him in the back and pierced his sides and put thorns on his head and nailed his hands and feet into a big brown cross.

Maybe I should have stood up and screamed, “Don’t crucify Him! He is innocent.”

But alas, all because of me and a few other people who wouldn’t stand up and say it ruined His life.

I went up on the hill to see the poor man. Would he be okay?

People kept giving him mean laughs and drinks of wine vinegar on sponges.

But I had a feeling in my gut He wasn’t dead because he looked weakly up at the sky and said “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabacthani?” which meant, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

I had a feeling that He was God’s son.

Soon He was in a tomb with stones covering it.

I heard people saying something called an angel (God’s messenger), said, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see Him.’ Now I have told you.”

I believed it first thing. I wish I could have said goodbye, because He rose into the heavens and said He would be back.

And I would be waiting first thing when He got back.

1 comment:

  1. W-O-W!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS GREAT!!!! May I post this on my blog at Easter and say it was written by you? That was amazing! Thank you sooooo much for that. Oh and thanks for putting up my button! I've got yours up on my blog too. I'm really amazed that you wrote that!!! You should be very proud!!!!
    Love, Olivia Bell

    ReplyDelete

If you comment, everything will be alright!